Bahama Mama Eating Contest
Maverik, Inc their subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively referred to hereinafter as either the “Company” or “Sponsor”) will conduct the Bahama Mama Eating Contest (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes” or “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agree as follows:
1. Description Grand Prize and Store Prizes:
Winning “Final Competition Winner” participant (as defined below) will win a cruise for winner and one (1) guest on Royal Caribbean’s Majesty of the Seas, Bahama’s Cruise (“Grand Prize”). Grand Prize consists of round-trip coach air transportation from major gateway city nearest winner’s residence to city of port (Miami, FL, as determined at Company’s sole discretion), transfers to/from ship and airport, standard double occupancy ship accommodations for three (3) nights (unless winner chooses not to take a guest, in which case winner will have the entire cabin), including shipboard accommodations, ocean transportation, most meals, some beverages, cruise gratuities (to chambermaids and other crew members), and most onboard entertainment. Included in Grand Prize are any necessary double occupancy hotel accommodations for winner and guest prior and/or after cruise, at Company’s sole discretion depending on airline itinerary and cruise schedule. Winner and guest must have valid passport before boarding the ship. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and comply with security requirements. Any additional ground transportation, additional baggage fees, passport fees, trip cancellation insurance, personal purchases and all other expenses not specified herein are solely winner’s responsibility. Specifically not included in the Grand Prize trip are items of personal nature, such as shore and land excursions, specialty restaurant fees, some beverages, photographs, gratuities at specialty restaurants or additional services fees, medical services and other items. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $ 2,700 (for winner and one (1) guest). Actual value depends on city, day, and time of departure. The difference between the stated Winner must select from available limited departure dates on an as available basis of September 19, 26, 2014; October 17, 31, 2014; November 28, 2014. Winner shall select from the travel dates and choose at least one alternative travel date. The difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded. If winner cannot accept prize as specified, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, in Company’s sole discretion. Company makes no guarantee or representation that it will be able to accommodate any selected travel dates and alternative travel dates may be substituted at Company’s sole discretion. A minimum of two (2) months advance notice is required for winner to identify selected travel dates. Actual travel dates will be determined/communicated at a later date, by Company in its sole discretion. Travel/accommodations are subject to change and restrictions may apply. The twelve (12) “Store Competition Winners” participants (as defined herein) will each win one (1) $100 G-cards (“Store Prize”) redeemable for certain merchandise at Company stores, subject to the purchase restrictions of the G-cards. ARV: $100 for each G-card.
2. Description of Contest:
Company will hold a Bahama Mama eating contest (“Eating Contest”) with up to ten (10) selected entrants to be participants at the following locations, dates and times for the company (“Store Competition”). The drawing date for Online Participants (as defined below) will be a date that is no more than five (5) days prior to the applicable date of the Store Competition:
- June 5, 2014 at Maverik store located at 4301 S. Douglas Hwy., Gillette, WY;
- June 17, 2014 at Maverik store located at 514 W. 3900 S., Salt Lake City, UT;
- July 9, 2014 at Maverik store located at 2078 E. Riverside Rd., St. George, UT;
- July 10, 2014 at Maverik store located at 1344 N. Prescott Country Club, Prescott, AZ;
- July 17, 2014 at Maverik store located at 1603 E. McMillian Rd., Meridian, ID;
- July 22, 2014 at Maverik store located at 140 Gardinia Dr., Cheyenne, WY;
- July 31, 2014 at Maverik store located at 995 Ambassador Dr., Reno, NV;
- August 6, 2014 at Maverik store located at 880 W. Center St., North Salt Lake, UT;
- August 13, 2014 at Maverik store located at 3080 S. Five Mile Rd., Boise, ID;
- August 14, 2014 at Maverik store located at 1663 N. Ammon Rd., Ammon, ID;
- August 20, 2014 at Maverik store located at 2811 Washington Blvd., Ogden, UT; and
- August 27, 2014 at Maverik store located at 870 W. Center St., Provo, UT.
*Dates, times and locations are subject to change.
The Eating Contest for the Store Competitions will commence at 6:00 PM with exception to the competitions in Cheyenne and NSL that will take place at 5:00 PM. All Store Competitions will be held at the times listed herein which shall be the local time at each Maverik store location on the above dates. Selected online entrants and participants (“Online Participants”) shall arrive and check in with the Store Competition officials 30 minutes prior to listed start time. Any Online Participants who do not arrive and check in 15 minutes prior to listed start time shall forfeit their right to participate in the Eating Contest and alternate entrants and participants will be selected from the store submissions for entrants on the day of the Store Competition (“Alternate Participants”). The winner of the Store Competition Eating Contest (“Store Competition Winner”) will be the participant who can eat the five (5) Bahama Mama hot dogs including buns the fastest time within a ten (10) minute limit. If no participant can eat all five (5) Bahama Mama hot dogs including buns within the ten (10) minute limit, the winner will be the participant who can eat the most Bahama Mama hot dogs including buns during Eating Contest. Company shall determine the winner at its discretion and sole interpretation of Contest rules. Company reserves the right to change the location, date and time of the Eating Contest at its sole discretion, with or without prior notice to selected entrants. The Store Competition Winner will win one (1) Store Prize.
Company will hold a final Eating Contest with up to twelve (12) Store Competition Winners (“Final Competition”) at a location and date that will be announced at a later date. The Eating Contest for the Final Competition will commence at the time and date to be announced to the Store Competition Winners. Any Store Competition Winners who do not arrive and check in prior to the scheduled times shall forfeit their right to participate in the Final Competition. The winner of the Final Competition Eating Contest (“Final Competition Winner”) will be the participant who can eat the five (5) Bahama Mama hot dogs including buns the fastest time within a ten (10) minute limit. If no participant can eat all five (5) Bahama Mama hot dogs including buns within the ten (10) minute limit, the winner will be the participant who can eat the most Bahama Mama hot dogs including buns during Eating Contest. Company shall determine the winner at its discretion and sole interpretation of Contest rules. Company reserves the right to change the location, date and time of the Final Competition at its sole discretion, with or without prior notice to selected entrants. The Final Competition Winner will win the Grand Prize.
3. Dates of Contest Entries:
Contest: The dates and times for entries for the Store Competition and Eating Contest for option 1 (as defined below) will begin on or about 12:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) May 19, 2014 and end on or about 12:00 PM PDT August 27, 2014. The dates and times for entries for the Store Competition and Eating Contest for option 2 (as defined below) will begin on or about the dates and times set forth above for Store Competitions and end after the last Store Competition date and time.
4. How to Enter: Entries to be a participant at the Store Competition and to qualify for to be a participant in the Final Competition may be made two (2) ways:
A. Online entries: By submitting all of the required information provided herein at the Website: http://www.maverik.com/bahama-mama-eating-contest/. Entrants must provide their email address, gender, date of birth, actual name and residential address (as they appear on your driver’s license or other government identification), phone number, accept the Terms & Conditions. Online Participants at Store Competitions will be selected by a panel of judges based on submission content among entries received on or before the date and time of the Store Competitions. Any entries that are not selected will be eligible to be selected for later Store Competitions until all Store Competitions are completed; or
B. Alternate Entrants: By attending a Store Competition and arriving and registering to be an alternate participant at the Store Competition Eating Contest (“Alternate Participants”) at the locations, dates and times above for selected entrants and participants pursuant to option 1 above. If there are less than ten (10) Online Entrants under option 1 at a Store Competition, the Company will select Alternate Participants from among qualified entrants who provide the information required in option 1, excepting the photograph. Alternate Participants will be selected by the Company at its discretion by drawing a winning numbered ticket given to the Alternate Participant entrants at the Store Competition. Alternate Participants may not be selected to participate in the Final Competition except and only through winning a Store Competition and being a Store Competition Winner.
WINNER’S LIST: For a list of Store Competition Winners and Final Contest Winner, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Winner’s List Address below. Mail must be received by the Winner’s List Request Deadline of no later than 12:00 PM PDT September 1, 2014. List will be sent once all prizes have been awarded. Winner’s List Request must be addressed to: Maverik, Inc., Attn: CREATE Department, Bahama Mama Eating Contest Winners List, 880 West Center Street, North Salt Lake City, UT 84054
NO AUTOMATED ENTRIES: Auto entries prohibited. You must fill out your own entry form without the use of any automated sweepstakes entry filling services or form filling services. The use of any automated, programmed, robotic or similar system to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries filled out or submitted by anyone other than you will be disqualified.
LIMIT ON ENTRIES: For option 1 above, limit of one (1) entry per person for the Contest. For option 2 above, limit of one (1) entry per Store Competition; if an entrant is selected to be an Alternate Participant at any Store Competition, they are not eligible to be selected as a participant at later Store Competitions.
5. Other Requirements: All information must be present. No Purchase necessary. YOU MUST BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND OF THE STATES OF ARIZONA, IDAHO, NEVADA, UTAH OR WYOMING TO PARTICIPATE. PRIZE(S) MUST BE DELIVERABLE TO AN ARIZONA, IDAHO, NEVADA UTAH OR WYOMING ADDRESS.
6. Prize(s), Eligibility, and Limitations: All entries must be submitted by the date and time set forth herein. Participants and winner(s) must be legal U.S. residents at least eighteen (18) years old as determined by the Company on or before May 15, 2014. Only one (1) prize per household will be allowed for the Contest. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of radio or television stations advertising or promoting the Contest, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Persons who have competed in and won the previous year’s contest are not eligible to compete or win the grand prize the following year.
THE DRAWING: Online Participants and Alternate Participants will be selected by random drawing from eligible entries as provided herein. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Drawing date will be on or about the dates listed above.
PRIZE NOTIFICATION: Online entrants for Online Participants will be notified by email or phone within two (2) days of the drawing. If after a reasonable number of attempts during a day (as determined by Company in their sole discretion) contact is not made with Online Participant, participation will be forfeited and an alternate participant will be selected. Online Participants, Alternative Participants, Store Competition Winners and Final Competition Winner may each be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of publicity/liability (“Affidavit”) or they may be ineligible in the Company’s sole discretion for participation in Store Competitions and Final Competitions. Store Competition Winners who fail to sign an Affidavit may forfeit their Store Prize at Company’s sole discretion. Store Competition Winners and Final Competition Winner will be notified of their selection as a winner at the Store Competition and Final Competition. Store Competition Winners participating in the Final Competition and Final Competition Winner and guest may each be required to sign an Affidavit within the time period specified by Company or in the letter accompanying the Affidavit (“Prize Letter”) or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. If mail is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address, then Grand Prize may be forfeited. An alternate winner for forfeited prizes, including Store Prizes and Grand Prize may be selected at sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize will be awarded upon receipt of Affidavit, and verification of Grand Prize winner.
7. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
8. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize that are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification, mailing address, and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning over six hundred dollars ($600.00) in prizes may receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or who Company believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Company and are final. Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
11. Miscellaneous. Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available by mail with written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope at the address indicated above, or may be read on this website http://www.maverik.com. All entries become the property of Company and will not be returned.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY: IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A PRIZE, WINNERS MUST SIGN AN OFFICIAL WAIVER FORM PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY.
BY ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT, PARTICIPANT OR WINNER AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL [COMPANY], MAVERIK, INC., SPONSORS, CONTEST PARTIES, CONTEST PROVIDERS AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OR ANY OTHER SPONSOR OR PROVIDER (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASEE(S)”) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE THEM FROM, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSE OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURIES AND/OR DEATH, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND COUNSEL FEES AND COURT COSTS) ARISING OR RESULTING FROM ANYTHING RELATING TO:
THE PRODUCTION, PROMOTION, ADMINISTRATION OR EXECUTION OF THE CONTEST (OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN IT);
CANCELLATION, MODIFICATION OR RESCHEDULING OF ANY ASPECT OF THE CONTEST;
OF ANY WEB SITE(S) RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR MATERIALS ON THE WEB SITE;
ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE; OR
PARTICIPATING IN OR TRAVELING TO ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY.
LIMITATIONS: Neither Company nor any other Releasees are responsible for: lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, stolen, misdirected, or postage due mail, shipping or email; any website, computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, Internet or other equipment, electronics, software, service, transmission, connection, processing or other errors, failures, congestion, accessibility or availability issues; unauthorized access, tampering, hacking, theft or destruction; or other technical or human error in the receipt or processing of entries, or other submissions (whether to or from) or otherwise related to the production, promotion, administration or execution of the Contest.
TAMPERING/VIOLATIONS/DISRUPTION: Company may, in its sole determination, disqualify any person it believes may be tampering with the entry or other operation of the Contest or acting in violation of the rules, in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR ENTITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
CANCELLATION/MODIFICATION: Company may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if the Contest is not capable of running as Company planned for any reason (including, but not limited to, due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, computer virus, fraud, technical or human error or any other causes which Company, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or intended conduct of this Sweepstakes).
EMAIL ACCOUNT HOLDER: If the holder of an email account is disputed, entry will be deemed made by the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, school, etc.) that assigns e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address.
NO PRIZE WARRANTY: WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America and the local or state jurisdictions in which the Contest is eligible, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Company shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests.
Governing Law and Venue. The laws of the State of Utah, excluding the rules of conflicts of law, shall govern this and all matters arising out of or related to this Contest. The parties, including Contest winners, hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in Salt Lake County, Utah. Each party expressly agrees that it is subject to the jurisdiction and venue of those courts for purposes of such litigation. Each party hereby waives and covenants not to assert any claim that is not subject to personal jurisdiction in those courts or that venue in those courts is for any reason improper, inconvenient, prejudicial or otherwise inappropriate (including, without limitation, any claim under the judicial doctrine of forum non conveniens).